Sustainable design seeks to reduce negative impacts on the environment and the health and comfort of building occupants, thereby improving building performance. The basic objectives of sustainability are to reduce consumption of non-renewable resources, minimize waste and create a healthy productive environment.
Sustainable design principles include the ability to:
- Optimize site potential
- Minimize non-renewable energy consumption
- Use environmentally preferable products
- Protect and conserve water
- Enhance indoor environment quality
- Optimize operation and maintenance procedures
The proper selection of a roofing system is a critical element in a sustainable design.Roof 1 Consultants Ltd. works with some of the leading manufacturers of sustainable roof systems and supports the use of sustainable designs.